Use The Day!
make the most of daily difficulties
Make the most of each day rather than be used by it. Use life’s daily challenges to practice being and becoming the person you want to be.
It’s really an attitude thing; the way you choose to look at each situation. For example, don’t let your job just use you and then spit you out wasted in return for a few dollars. Instead, keep getting smarter as you figure out how to use your job to become your dream.
Don’t play victim. We let ourselves become slaves when we give up or when we drift and let problems and our environment control us.
Instead look at problems as opportunities to learn and grow. Use problems like you would weights in a weight room. They are a way to practice getting smarter and stronger and better. Believe you can and act like it; then indeed you will learn and grow.
- Use the day. I use what’s right here, right now to become the person I want to be.
- How can I learn & grow from this?
- Control the Controllables
- “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary” said by Robin Williams in the 1989 movie Dead Poets Society.
- “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms–to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” Viktor Frankl, Holocaust survivor and author of Man’s Search for Meaning.
Affirmations From Burn Your Goals:
- Practical instructions to handle daily challenges:
(1) Control what is in your control. (2) Let go of the results.
(3) Believe it is in your best interest and
(4) an opportunity to learn and grow.
(5) Ask yourself ‘What is one thing I can do to make it better.’ p.152
- Anything that happens to me today is in my best interest. It’s an opportunity to learn and grow. p.259 In any situation we can always learn something. p.166
Related Links top
- Source: Burn Your Goals by Joshua Medcalf. This is the source of several of the quotes above.
- “Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow (the future)” – Quote by the philosopher Horace
- Best way to use the last 5 minutes of each day – Preview and review each day
- Top of Page, Categories, Index and Home Page